Saturday, December 18, 2010

Home

After weeks of testing, 40 hours of travelling, 2 nearly-missed connections, foot races through the Johannesburg and Washington Dulles airports, and an LA traffic jam, I'm finally home. Danny and my parents will follow on Monday, but my husband graciously paid the change fee so that I could have my babies in my arms just a few days sooner. It was every bit as wonderful as I had dreamed, and we had a slumber party in my bed last night so that I wouldn't have to let them go. God has been so good to all of us as we've been apart, and given me a new appreciation for these three precious gifts. Ernest will never be far from our thoughts and prayers, but I will forever be grateful for these most special of children that I get to love and hold each day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Laura, I love your heart! Know matter what you face in life you always trust God's wisdom above all and see all that's good in your life. Praying for a truly healed heart and for the most blessed of all Christmases! You are loved, my friend! Peggy