Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The obligatory costume post




Anyone who's on facebook is surely tired of such photos by now, but since this clearly is a blog for which the posting suits primarily me, here they are!  Themes are obviously a thing of the past.  Someone suggested we might have been going for a past, present, future theme; it was really more about what was in the closet and what was in stock at Goodwill.  The exception of course is Alyssa's outfit which was lovingly fabricated by her grandma and reflects her current fascination with prairie girls (not homeschooling conventions).   Over the past 5 days we've attended no less than 4 carnival-type events, so we have had more than our fair share of cotton candy, dunk tanks, bounce houses, kettle corn, face-painting and everything else fun and fall-ish.  Last night the kids came home with over 17 pounds of candy!  They choose about 9 pounds worth of "favorites" and we took the rest to a candy exchange program at a local dentist (if I could remember which of you bloggy friends first mentioned this I'd give you credit!).  The kids received cash, bags of sugarless treats, and the opportunity to thank many of our service men and women (in person and via thank you notes) in exchange for their less-loved sweets, which will soon be shipped to our military personnel overseas.  It was a really fun way for them to give a little of what they got.  So how about you?  Do you have any great ideas for dealing with the mountains of candy?  Were your kids any cuter than mine?  I hereby give you permission to continue to fill up the blogging world and facebook with scores of costumed kiddos.   

3 comments:

Margievance said...

Love it--and them--and you!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol purchase tramadol in uk - tramadol dosage grasscity

Anonymous said...

When I downloaded the original and displayed the boy life size my heart skipped a beat https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Aui6FoL0zEA/TrhqsNRvZaI/AAAAAAAACPU/vCMLBVNQbJ0/s0/2011+10+24_2224.JPG He looks so beautiful I could not take my eyes off him. I had him displayed life size and I was was like OMG! He appeared to be directly in front of me. I finally leaned close and began kissing him. The displaly is warm and silky smooth so it seemed like I was really kissing him. My heart was like beating 90 miles and hour because it seemed like I was really kissing this gorgeous little beauty. I felt a little embarrassed because I was enjoying his beauty immensely especially the closeness and intimacy of being able to kiss such a gorgeous little boy in the privacy of my home. I am going to put him on display life size in my bedroom in one of my large digital picture displays. It is going to be wonderful to have him around to look at and admire, and to kiss to my hearts content whenever I want.