Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mo is dead. Just shy of one year in our home, the tenacious goldfish finally had enough. Saturday night I changed his water, Sunday morning he was gone. Maybe it was too cold for him. Maybe the new water filters didn’t agree with him. I choose the latter because that’s Dan’s department. We put off sharing this news with the kids until after church and their naps, thinking that this could be a really intense time and an opportunity to talk about what death means. We were prepared to make a quick trip to PetCo to procure Mo II. No need. Both of them shrugged it off and wondered aloud what pet they could get next time. I guess I was a tad more attached to the silly fish than they were.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mo. :( Glad the kids took it OK. We just got a new fish a few weeks ago and already Ava is asking me if we can get a guinea pig after the fish dies. !!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think a grandparent should have to learn of a death in the family on a blog!! Guess I'll do my mourning here too...boohoo. Anyone up for fish and chips?!?!