Saturday, May 08, 2010

"Camping"

Last night, Daddy and the kids trekked way out into the wilderness of our backyard for a camping expedition - tent, smores and all. Much to my surprise, they actually stayed there! Unlike such adventures of my youth, where the fun was in the setting up, and sleeping outdoors (even in the front yard) was much too terrifying, all four of the bunch slept rather soundly until 7:30 a.m. Mama didn't join in on the excitement, except to broiler-roast and deliver the treats, play the role of photographer, and then settle into her own bed with a good book. Happy Mother's Day to me!

2 comments:

Dania Efird said...

That sounds like a great Mother's Day gift! I'll have to suggest that to Brent for next year, or just when I want or need a full night of sleep!

Willis said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!