Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shallow thinking...

Scrolling through my blog posts of late, I realize it’s probably pretty obvious that I haven’t done a lot of deep thinking recently. No deep thinking = very shallow blog. Unfortunately, this probably won’t be the post to break the streak. We’re on vacation this week and my mind is even more mushy than normal. However, Dan returns to work on Tuesday, the kids and I will settle into a routine, and perhaps my brain cells will decide to come back too! We have had such a wonderful time with this “bonding leave” – it really is an incredible perk of Dan’s job – but there’s a reason daddies go to work: mommies need to be able to get something done! Before we left for Vietnam, Dan and the kids made a to-do list of all the fun things they wanted to do together while he was off work. It was quite a list, and I think they have crossed off every last item. Of course, I didn’t want to miss out on any of the fun either, so the significantly-less-fun mommy to-do list has grown while their list has shrunk. Starting next week, life will return to our new normal, and hopefully the quality of posts will improve too!

No comments: