Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankful, day 11

How can I not give thanks on Veteran's Day for the men and women who have sacrificed for our country? Unfortunately I can't, personally, because I don't know many personally. I suppose that is one downfall of a purely volunteer armed forces - many Americans remain largely removed from their lives and efforts on our behalf. My grandpa was the veteran we thanked on this day, but now we just honor his memory, hang our flag, and pray for those who help make this country the incredible nation that it is. If you are one of those people, thank you. If you have a veteran in your life, please give them an extra hug today for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your days of thanks and am impressed that you have blogged each day! Can't wait to read more of your days of Thanks!