Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thankful on day 6

I'm thankful for Facebook! My husband is still a hold-out, but I think it's a fun way to catch up with old friends - kind of a reunion without the hassle of travelling, primping, and awkward conversation. What I don't really get are the status updates. What makes people think that the world is all that interested in what they're feeding their kids for lunch? I still much prefer blogs - still not real conversation, but at least a little more in-depth than a one-liner. And I finally broke down and posted my own photos of myself because the only ones that ended up on my photo page previously were taken by students in our Bible Study. Not that they're bad photographers, but they seem to have a knack for catching me mid-bite, or mid-sentence, mid-hikeupamountain, or midway between 6 hours on a beach and a shower. Just not cute. What is cute is the Facebook song. I'm probably way behind the 8 ball on this one, but just in case you haven't seen it, get ready for a good laugh (if you're familiar with Facebook that is - Danny didn't find it funny at all).

No comments: